Must-read: Why You Need to Stay Away From These Vitamins
Must-read: Why You Need to Stay Away From These Vitamins
(Must-read: Why You Need to Stay Away From These Vitamins)
Even since the 1940s, the multivitamins have been commonly used by the Americans. Today, is the same, they are taking supplements in order to improve their immunity and their overall health. Centrum vitamins are a multivitamin which is commonly used in order to get all the needed minerals and vitamins in the body.
About 40% of the entire supplements sales belong to the multivitamins, or to be specific in numbers, only in 2014, the multivitamins were $5.7 billion of total $37 billion sales of supplements.
There has been a big dispute about the fact that Centrum Vitamins have the highest number in sales of multivitamins. Pfizer owns this huge vitamin brand, and it is in fact the biggest pharmaceutical company worldwide, that uses mostly manufacture chemicals. There have been many legal battles, fraud and controversy involving Pfizer.
The Center for Science in the Public Interest – which is a consumer watchdog group, threatened to sue the Centrum vitamins regarding false claims in 2012. And in the end, the company was obliged to withdraw their claims regarding colon and breast health, but there are still remaining many controversies regarding the label and the stated health benefits of this product.
There is another problem with these multivitamins – the company has no standards, regulation and specificity. Multivitamins –or also called ‘multiples’, ‘MVMs’ or ‘multis’ do not demand any set levels or standards, and they can combine any supplements to be presented as multivitamins.
The consequence of taking these synthetically and chemically enhanced supplements are actually very harmful to our health, because people believe the marketing campaigns that present these vitamins by the billion dollar companies who spend a lot of money on these ads.
And, the real question here is whether the multivitamins are beneficial or damaging your health?
Centrum Vitamins are full with harmful substances
We have mentioned before that the vitamins contain many weird ingredients – like shower scum used in supplements. They use the exact chemicals that are also used in propel jets, line tin cans and coal. This is the truth, and it is the main reason why you shouldn’t take these harmful multivitamins.
But Centrum continues to claim that their multivitamins are very healthy and offer plenty benefits like boosting the metabolism and the immunity, but on the other hand their multivitamins actually contain numerous additives that are highly toxic and dangerous to your health. Here are three of the many preservatives found in Centrum vitamins, among other additives and chemicals; that are highly toxic and dangerous to your health:
List of the harmful ingredients in Centrum Vitamins:
- GMO Corn Starch – this is a genetically modified corn version, and it is very damaging to your health and especially to the detoxifying organs such as kidneys and liver, and also the spleen, adrenal glands and the heart. GMO foods like GMO corn can also result in lethal kidney failure due to hepatorenal toxicity.
- Calcium Carbonate – this ingredient is added in order to improve the levels of calcium, even though it is commonly found in pearls, shells, and rocks. But, it can result in heart problems and strokes. Many studies have proved its connection to myocardial infarction and heart problems. Calcium carbonate combined with other medications can have a negative effect.
- Hydrogenated Oil – these oils are usually not dangerous in their natural state, but if they are processed with injections of metals, under pressure atmospheres or extreme heat, they become toxic. Taking hydrogenated oils can produce cholesterol to bandage artery walls, which have been affected, and lead to arterial and heart problems and clog the arteries. Alzheimer’s disease and ADHD can be caused due to the vascular problems, when the brain is affected.
- Food Dye Yellow 6 — this type of dye –which is used in multivitamins, is highly toxic and also carcinogen and can lead to chromosomal damage, tumors on the testes and kidneys and also allergies. It is also the culprit for restlessness, hyperactivity and ADHD. The high number of children that are taking behavioral medication is also related to the increase consummation of fast foods and processed snacks.
- Titanium Dioxide – is a mineral that is considered to be carcinogenic to humans. It has been used as a whitening agent in toothpaste, cosmetics, paper, ink and paint. It has been approved by the FDA when used 99% pure. But on the other hand, it led to lung cancer in rats, which were exposed to dust fragments.
- Polyethylene Glycol – it is utilized in the production of rocket fuel and coal-burning plants and also over-the-counter laxatives. As a result of its consummation we can experience tears, esophageal bleeding, kidney damage, hives and other allergic reactions. It can also lead to autism. Encopresisis- common in children, is a constant leakage of semi-formed feces, can also be a result of plyethylene glycol.
The multivitamins for children are more dangerous
It is very disturbing to know that the multivitamins for children are even more dangerous than those for the adults. They contain the exact toxic compounds like the other multivitamins from Centrum. When getting vitamins for your children, this way you get more – actually more than you thought your children will get from them.
- Artificial sweeteners – Aspartame – aspartame containing products are very dangerous for your children – it is actually formaldehyde they are consuming. The formaldehyde is then transformed into toxic chemical like methanol, when inside the body and it is the main culprit for over 40 negative effects such as multiple sclerosis, birth defects, ADD, lupus, cancer and many others.
- Food Dye Blue 2 – they change the color but the effects remain the same. The processed foods contain a lot of toxic ingredients, such as color additives and food dyes. This dye is not legal in Norway, and it has been connected to brain tumors and other general malaise and many learning disorders.
- Cupric Oxide – this compound is also very dangerous material in Europe, and it is a type of copper mineral. It is also considered to be highly toxic for the environment and this is why we need to properly throw the batteries away. There are many negative effects caused by this compound such as childhood cirrhosis and kidney disease.
- Zinc Oxide – the SPF in sunscreens is made with this compound, and we all know that they are very harmful. This compound is not legal in Europe and it is considered as highly dangerous and toxic. It is the reason for upset stomach, diarrhea, constipation and many others.
- Sugar or Sucrose – the sucrose is usually extracted from beets and cane and it is also known as table sugar. It is known to cause more than 100 negative effects. The worst one is that it causes cancer. Other side-effects are reduced vitamin and mineral absorption, diabetes, reduces immunity, hyper-anxiety, obesity and many others.
- Lactose or Milk Sugar – 8 % of the milk in weight is 2% lactose. Specific enzymes break it down inside the stomach. It is the main culprit for the appearance of lactose intolerance and making many people incapable to digest the lactose sugars. Lactose intolerance and other negative effects of lactose can result in diarrhea, nausea, vomiting,, upset stomach, cramping and bloating.
Real Multivitamins and Vitamins from Real Food
Real, whole foods are the best choice for you to obtain all the essential daily minerals and vitamins. And if you decide to use supplements, they should not be confused when reading its label, but they need to make all the ingredients clear for understanding what is actually inside them.
Instead of reaching for supplements you should purchase and supply your pantry and fridge with real, whole foods that can be easily processed and absorbed by your system.
Here are some foods rich in nutrients that you need to consume on a daily basis:
- Vegetables – the most important and highly nutritious food. They are rich in phytonutrients, minerals and vitamins, and they need to be the richest source of your daily intake of minerals and vitamins. Vegetables provide many health benefits, and they can counteract with every side effect of the chemicals and additives from the multivitamins. These are the richest veggies in nutrients – watercress, sweet potato, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and leafy greens. Vegetables have numerous health benefits and that is why you need to consume them on a regular basis.
- Herbs – they are the most powerful food in the world. They are rich in essential oils, phytosterols, antioxidants and nutrients that are very beneficial coming in little packs. Turmeric contains the most powerful antioxidant – curcumin and it is potent in fighting brain disease, pain and cancer. The oils that are contained in herbs can prevent cancer and other diseases. They are also helpful in digestion, anxiety, deodorizing, and weight loss and other. These are the strobgest herbs – oregano, ginger, basil, parsley, garlic and turmeric.
- Fruit — – they are abundant in potassium, vitamin C, folate, fiber, antioxidants and vitamins. They are powerful in regulating the blood pressure and also reduce the risk of heart problems. Goji berry, magui berry, pomegranate, acai berry and red grapes are the richest in antioxidants.
- Sprouted Grains, Nuts, Seeds, and Beans – the process of germinating seeds is called sprouting and it goes for many types of seeds – beans, nuts, grains and other. Sprouting makes the seeds easier for digestion and the nutrients are also easier to absorb by the body. In this process frees all the beneficial enzymes, and due to this can process them easily. It is also beneficial in augmenting the beneficial flora in the gut, and thus, consuming these foods can reduce the autoimmune reaction in the body.
- Organic, Grass-Fed Meat and Wild Game –healthy fats such as omega-3 fatty acids are very important for the body and they are mostly contained in organic, grass –fed meats almost 2 to 4 times more than the grain-fed meat. This type of meat is also low in calories and fat but they are abundant in nutrients. High amount of vitamin E and CLA – healthy fat that fights cancer; are contained in these meats.
- Free-Range Poultry and Eggs – just like grass-fed meats, free-range eggs and poultry are abundant in healthy fats and nutrients. They are richer than the caged ones, in Vitamin E and A, omega’s and beta-carotene, and are very low in saturated fats and cholesterol. These eggs are probably the only ones that contain vitamin D.
- Wild-caught fish – they are a better choice than the ones from a farmed ones, because they contain essential fatty acids and do not have toxins, colorings and high levels of hormones. They are also abundant in protein and it is recommended to consume them 2 times a week in order to prevent Alzheimer’s and other health conditions.
- Pastured Raw Dairy – this type of food – the raw dairy is beneficial in many different ways. It is abundant in fat-soluble vitamins, acids and minerals and it is powerful in treating cancer, many digestive problems, improves the hair, skin and nails and also improves the immune system.
Choosing Healthy Vitamins
There are some cases when just a diet is not enough to provide your body with all the needed vitamins. So you need to take some extra vitamins, but make sure you are taking real food multivitamins. These are some important things that you need to know when deciding to take vitamins:
- Things to DO – take 100% whole food based and 100 % organic food, whether heated at low temperature or eaten raw. It is also important to take food full with minerals which are important for better absorption of the vitamins.
- Things to Not DO – avoid foods that contain binders like magnesium stearate, colorings or dyes, GMOs, preservatives, hydrogenated oil, corn, gluten and soy. Also avoid vitamins that are USP-verified because they are synthetics.
Always read the labeled ingredients on every product that you buy, especially on the health supplements. They may be labeled as ‘healthy’, like the Centrum Vitamins, but this is not completely true.
You must investigate the sales marked, because the multivitamins are created by large pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer. We may ask ourselves if their main goal is for us to experience all the harmful side effects, so that we must require their prescription medication to improve our health. There is simply no other reason for them to add so many dangerous chemical in so called healthy products, like the Centrum vitamins by Pfizer.
So in order to supply your body with all the essential minerals and vitamins, it is better to reach for whole foods instead of supplements. Then the body will take all the needed nutrients from them. But, if you still want to use a multivitamin, choose healthier options and avoid the dangerous and synthetic ones, such as Centrum. Real food with high quality is the best choice. You will experience the benefits for a longer period of time.